lunedì 21 marzo 2011

Milano 1 - Transfer 2 -Week 4

March 21, 2011

Dear Family and Friends,

What a beautiful day!  The sun started shining this week, and we've got our fingers crossed for Spring!  It's been raining a TON this week!  I've been hearing about all of these world disasters lately, and I'm kind of grateful that I don't have the news.  I feel bad that I can't do much about it, but we pray for people in the world.  That's about all we can do.  That and preach the gospel! :)

Paolo got baptized last night!  It was SO beautiful!  His dad and older brother both came (!!!) which is a miracle in itself!  Paula gave a talk on the Holy Ghost (her first one ever), and it was SO beautiful!  Sorella Noteware and I have started reading the Book of Mormon in Italian (Il Libro di Mormon) for language study each day.  It's amazing to see how much you can learn from one book!  Every time I read it in English I learn something new.  But now reading it in a different language (that I can mostly understand), I feel like I'm reading it again for the 1st time!  I'm almost done with 1 Nefi, but I'm also reading in 3 Nephi in English.  So I'm technically reading in two places at the same time.  Y'all should try it sometime!  Very cool.

Rita said she really wants to get baptized, and we're working on setting a date with her.  She wants to talk to her family about it first, but we're likely going to set it for April 9th.  She came to the baptism last night, and it was pretty powerful.  She's really been making a lot of progress.  Last week we had a really great FHE with the Marinello family that she came to.  The Marinellos have 5 kids (which is a ton for Northern Italy, and probably Southern too), and Fratello Marinello is the former bishop of Milano 1.  It was fun to be in a FHE with a big family again!

A couple of weeks ago we had to drop Cristina and Gasman (the family with an interesting living situation and the 2 kids, Noemi and Giada, who want to get baptized).  It was SO hard, but we told them that if they could read, pray, and come to church, we could start coming again).  Yesterday they were all in church!  Cristina has an appointment with the bishop, and we might be able to go see them this week.  I HOPE!!!  They have lots of obstacles to overcome, but I know Cristina really wants to start over and come to church again!  They also came to the baptism, and though Gasman is still a little hesitant, I think she might have the faith to get on the path!

In all of the stuff that's going on in the world, I've thought about how grateful I am for my wonderful family and friends who are all so dear to me!  Thank you for all your kindness and friendship!  I love you all!

Hebrews 13:1-2, 24-25

Love always,
-Sorella Willey




--
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento