mercoledì 7 marzo 2012

Cuneo - Transfer 11 - Week 1

March 7, 2012

Dear Family and Friends,

This has been a pretty hard week.  Lots of disappointments and
surprises.  Lots of great things too.  Don't get me wrong, we're still
seeing lots of wonderful things, but we saw a lot of things happen
that didn't need to happen.  The hardest thing in the world is seeing
someone use their influence unrighteously, and hinder someone's
progression.  The Lord really will help us when we are doing
everything we can do, but if we let someone else have too much control
over our agency, we are likely to be led astray.

Pray for Cristina and Salvatore, if you would!  They are facing their
trial of faith right now.  Marco and Anna also.  This is a pretty hard
week for most people.  We have so many miracles about to happen, but
there's someone fighting very hard against it.  I have learned so much
for myself in this week, but I've also learned that everyone has to
develope their own testimony and learn certain things for themselves.
I mean, I knew that before, but I re-learned it again.

It was amazing, though, to see the Spirit teach in our lessons this
week.  Sometimes we just don't have the right words to say.
Especially in Italian.  But this week we saw the power of the Spirit
really touch the heart of some investigators.  We literally felt the
Spirit leave, come back in, etc.  It's so hard to describe exactly how
you feel it, but I know that it's the Spirit, and I know that without
it, no teaching is really happening.

I've also noticed with all of my investigators, and with various other
people, that the days when they don't read the Book of Mormon, they
make poorer choices.  And, without fail, the days when they do read,
they are happier, feel the influence of the Spirit in their lives, and
are more willing to commit to make changes for the better.

I finished the Book of Mormon again yesterday.  My poor companion has
been feeling under the weather.  Sorella Forbes has some yucky lung
creatures that make her cough and make other strange noises.  While
she was sleeping I went from Ether 12 through Moroni 10, and WOW!!!
It's amazing!  How is it that I missed so much last time I read all
that?  The Book of Mormon is really amazing.  Without a testimony of
the Book of Mormon, it would take a lot of faith to believe everything
else.  I'm so grateful that I was blessed to be born into a family
where we read every day!  I've had a lot of questions this week about
a lot of things, and in the end it all comes down to my testimony of
the Book of Mormon.  I took the Moroni challenge (Moroni 10:3-5) again
last night, and I know that it's true.  Again, hard to describe
exactly how I know, but I definitely got an answer.

My recommendation to all of you for the week is to ask yourself some
questions, then ask God the questions, then open your Book of Mormon
and see if you can't find the answer.  I like Mosiah 5.  That one
really helped me to understand more about the Atonement and the Gospel
of Jesus Christ this week.  We really are here (on this Earth, in this
life) so that we can change for the better through the power of Jesus
Christ.  I'm so grateful that He has given me this chance here on the
mission to understand this better so I could start changing too!  I'm
still WAY far from perfect, but I have learned so much.

I guess it's about time to wrap up.  I could write all day about
everything that's happening, but, as usual, way too much to do today!
Plus we have rules about time... :)

Love you all!  Thank you for your letters and support!

Keep the faith!
-Sorella Willey

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento