venerdì 20 aprile 2012

Cuneo - Transfer 11 - Week 7

April 18, 2012


Dear Family and Friends,
 
Yesterday, as we were closing English class, we invited some of our new class members to listen to a message about the Restoration.   I passed Slla Forbes the bit about Joseph Smith.  When it came time to share the 1st vision, she stopped and passed it back to me.  Not thinking much of it, I began.  As I said those beautiful words in Italian, I realized that this was likely my last time to share the 1st vision in Italian as a missionary to my dear Italian people in a chapel in Italy.  My mind went back to other times I had shared the 1st vision and how important this story and this event has become to me and how important it is to the whole world.  I stared to cry, hoping that Sorella Forbes might pick me up and fill in the rest so I could freely let the tears flow.  But she let me finish it.  I got extra power from above.  The Spirit was so strong and confirmed the truth of those words.  Afterwards, when everyone left the church I told Sorella Forbes everything that was going through my mind.  She said, "I got a feeling that I should let you share the 1st vision, so that's why I stopped."  After all the different testimonies that I've received of this restoration, this last memory will forever be in my mind.  The class was small, but included a member referral who works with our relief society president, her sister, a less-active member who has becomne dear to my heart, and a sweet gentleman who we met in his shop a few weeks ago when we had to make a stamp for the apartment.  It was the smallest English class we've had in weeks, but those people were handpicked, and I am finally beginning to understand what God means when he says that the worth of EVERY soul is great in His sight.  I love these people so much!  God really has a plan for each of His children, and will make all things work together for our good so we can have the most number of chances to repent and come unto Christ.
 
I have been SO blessed by my companions, and Sorella Forbes has been the GEMinist GEM ever!  She's been so sweet to listen to my rantings, fears, excitements, and just putting up with me.  She always gives me a hug when I need it.  She is going to see so many miracles in her mission.  I only hope I have been able to be a good example to her.  I'm so far from perfect, but she has been very forgiving.  Luckily she came already trained from the MTC. Yesterday we also received an AMAZING package from her mother.  We got personal stationary, root beer candy, and lots of really fun other delightful gifts that I am SO excited to use!  I'm so grateful to all the people I have met and the people I will get to meet thanks to this mission!
    
SO many miracles have happened these last few days.  It really has been wonderful to see so many fruits after some very difficult planting.  As we worked so hard to teach 20 lessons, the other mission battle-cry, God led us to the people who were willing to listen, searching for the truth, and ready to accept the Gospel.  There are many families and golden people we've met who accept baptism on their first meeting, and who really are searching for the truth.  The miracle is that I have finally figured out my real calling in life.  This mission really isn't just 1 1/2 years.  It is for life.  I was anxious about going home all this transfer, but now, though I wish I could continue in this Italy Milano Mission for the rest of my life, I am at peace.  Well, I do burst into uncontrollable tears every couple of hours, but I've heard that's normal for a Sorella.  :)  I am ready to continue on and keep bringing souls unto Christ by being an excellent visiting teacher, sister, daughter, friend, and all the other callings God has for me in the future.  I've really learned what it means to be a great ward member/member missionary, and I'm excited to go home and do it!
 
I read 1 Corinthians 9 this morning, and I was again hit by the same feelings that hit me when I listened to Elder Holland say that "Preach My Gospel" is the way to convert not just people we meet and teach, but US.  We who preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ must LIVE the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  If we come home from our missions the same as we were before, no matter what happened or what successes we had, we have missed the mark.  I am finally beginning to understand what that means.  There is so much to learn, and I LOVE it!  This gospel has truly changed me, and it can change EVERYONE who lets it.  I'm not near where I need to be, but I'm a little closer than I was before.
 
I also read recently in Enos a passage that has become dear to my heart.  Verses 26 and 27 read, "And I saw that I must soon go down to my grave, having been wrought upon by the power of God that I must preach and prophesy unto this people, and declare the word according to the truth which is in Christ.  And I have declared it in all my days, and have rejoiced in it above that of the world.  And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest.  And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father."
 
Thank you all for your beautiful emails, letters, photos, and encouragement in these last few weeks!  I have been a crazy, trying to make everything perfect for the next missionary to take my place.  STILL SO MUCH TO DO!  But now, I have to go home and pack. 
 
I know that this is the Lord's work.  I know that this is His Church, His Gospel, and that His prophet leads and guides the Church today.  I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and the fortitude it brings in my life.  I know that these inspired words are truly written by God for our day.  The only way to really know, is to read, pray, and put into practice it's teachings.  I am confident that Jesus Christ really is mighty to save, and that through His Atonement, we can one day enter into the presence of God.  I know that He is our Redeemer and the Son of God.
 
Until we meet very soon, may God be with you!
 
Keep the faith!  Hurrah for Israel!
 
With all the love in my heart,
-Sorella Willey
 
 
 
 


--
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento