martedì 16 novembre 2010

Greetings from the MTC

November 16, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,
What a wonderful week this has been!  I have seen so many miracles and felt an incredibly strong Spirit here!  We are studying the gospel over 10 hours a day, with a little food, gym time, and Italian sqeezed in as well.  :) 
I have a beautiful companion, Sorella Diehl, and an incredible district of 5 Anziani (elders) and 2 Sorelle (sisters- S.lla Diehl and S.lla Willey, that's me).  I'll tell you about one of them each week because I only get 30 minutes of email per week, and they cut you off whether you finish or not! 
Sorella Diehl is from Michigan, and she is 22 years old.  She has beautiful curly hair, and impecable style.  The only hard part about being her companion is that I have to be really careful about my outfits.  She could be a model!  She went to Smith Women's College in Boston, MA, and is incredibly spiritual!  One of the greatest things about being with her all the time is that her Italian is beautiful!  She's the most advanced in the entire zone, probably.  She spent a year in Firenze (Florence, IT) studying and learning the language, so she helps me a lot!  I just want to quote to you my purpose in Italian.  Just because I can:
Il mio scopo e invitare le personne a venire a Cristo aiutandole ad accettare il vangelo restaurato, mediante la fede in Gesu Cristo e la sua espiazione, il pentimento, il battesimo, il conferimento di donno dello Spirito Santo, e perseveranto sino alla fino.
In Inglese:  My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the Restored Gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.
I did that without peeking, so spelling might not be perfect yet..  :)  My next project is the 1st Vision...  I've got one sentence which I won't write here now.
One of the lessons I have learned this week is that charity is the most important quality I can attain.  Yesterday we taught an "investigator," and S.lla Diehl and I felt such a love for him!  I really am beginning to understand that there is a power that comes with this calling.  I can feel the Spirit weighing on my mind and heart, helping me know what I need to do.  I know there are people in Italy who will be able to benefit from this beautiful message if I can just be prepared to have the Spirit with me and learn the language!
I love you all!   Thank you all for your love and support!
Keep the faith!
Love always,
S.lla Elizabeth Willey
--
Sorella Willey

Sister Elizabeth Denise Willey
MTC Mailbox # 194
ITA-MIL 0112
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento