martedì 23 novembre 2010

Dear Family

November 23, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,
What an amazing week I've had this week!  Sorella Diehl and I have learned so many lessons and experienced so many emotions and spiritual experiences!  One of my favorite experiences this week (aside from our TRC teaching that we have every Monday) was when I lost my "blue card."  I use it to buy meals, get into my dorm, etc. etc. etc.  At breakfast, I asked if someone had turned it in, and the lady told me that not only had nobody found it, but the office that replaced them was closed for the entire weekend.  When I sat down for personal study, I said a prayer pleading that I'd be able to find my card.  At nearly the exact moment that I said "Amen," a little voice in my head said, "It's in your purple jacket pocket."  I was surprised because I don't usually wear my jacket, but when I thought about it, I realized that I had worn that jacket to gym the previous evening.  It was amazing.  And that's just one of the many examples of the love that the Lord has shown me since I've arrived here.  My prayers have become so much more personal, and I really feel that even while I'm praying, aloud or silently, the Lord is speaking to me and putting things into my mind that I should pray and ask for.
Last night, Anziano Nelson and I decided to try out for the "fireside special musical numbers."  When I went to check out the MTC cello, it had been taken to the shop, and wouldn't be back until Saturday or Sunday!  But I really wanted to be able to play for the half of my zone that's flying out to Italy next week.  So, the lady at the office called home, and my dad, (thanks, Daddy!!!) dropped my cello off!  We ran through an arrangement of "Jesus the Very Thought of Thee" by Marshall MacDonald, and this morning we took our audition.  After we finished, the lady running the auditions told us she wanted us to play for the Thanksgiving fireside!!!  ... Ummm, is Thanksgiving this week?  I have really lost track of time.  But it was so nice to be able to play on my own cello.  At one point I was going to have to sell it, but thanks to a miracle, it all worked out!  Thank you!!!
So, for my weekly District 33B spotlight.  I've chosen Anziano Macmullen.  He's from England, and, of course, has the shnazzy accent to go with it!  He's one of the more outspoken elders in our district, but always has an uplifting thought.  He has introduced us to fun phrases like: "Are you winding me up?" or "Lets have a walk about," and "That's just rubbish," and "Do American's like banter?"  Imagine the most amazingly British accent, and it sounds even greater. :)  He's struggling a little with the language, but he's got a heart of gold, and last night we were conversation "partners," and he made "a load of improvement."  It's so fun to watch these young men grow into their calling, and I'm learning so much from all of them.
I hope you all are doing fabulously well!  I miss everyone so much, but I'm grateful and so blessed to be here now!  Every day the Spirit confirms to me just how important this is for me.  I know that if I'm obedient and faithful, I'll be able to have His Spirit with me when I meet my Italians in just 7 weeks!  The past two Sundays I've been able to watch Music and the Spoken Word.  It's my only window into the outside world besides letters, and it's so wonderful to see all my friends and MoTab/OTS family on the huge screens in the gym!
Well, I suppose I'd better hurry and print off the emails I have received this week before my time limit expires!  There's no such thing as proofreading my emails anymore.  I just have to type as fast as I can and hit "Send!"  This is probably the most stressful 30 minutes of my entire week!  S.lla Diehl and I have to take notes during the week of what we're going to type so we can send it all in time.
Thank you all again for your love and support!  I love you so much, and wish you the very best in all your endeavors!
Keep the faith!
Love always,
~Sorella Elizabeth Willey
P.S.  I don't remember if I sent this in my last email, but DearElder.com is the best way for me to receive mail.  <3 <3 <3

--
Sorella Willey

Sister Elizabeth Denise Willey
MTC Mailbox # 194
ITA-MIL 0112
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento