mercoledì 19 gennaio 2011

Hello from Milano!

January 19, 2011

Dear Family and Friends,
Unfortunately this will be a rushed letter.  Today is my first P-day in ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!  I spent the whole day cleaning our horribly dirty apartment.  We moved into an apartment with the Sorelle in another area, and the previous Sorelle left a lovely mess for us.  But it was lovely to have a clean apartment finally and all the stuff organized.  We're here in Milano 1, and living outside our area makes things a little tricky sometimes, but I love the other Sorelle from Milano 2 are so full of life and energy!
Speaking of we...  My companion is Sorella Noteware (Rachel) from Austin, Texas.  She is probably the only Sorella who is older than I am, but she only has 2 transfers left. She studied ballet at Northwestern with a minor in Czech studies.  She's teaching me a little Russian too, and just today we got to use our Russian on the Metro.  We ran into a girl named Katerina, and she might come to our English class!  Sorella Noteware is wonderful, and we've been SO busy with teaching the last few days! 
We have two baptisms coming up next week!!!!  Paola and her daughter Sofia who is 14.  They are solid gold!!  We also just encouraged another sister yesterday to pray about baptism.  Her name is Rosa, and she has a two lovely daughters, Sabrina (14) and Kati (5).  Sabrina has been a member for 2 years already, but because of family circumstances, Rosa has had to wait.  But we just know that she can do it!  We're also teaching Giovanni, we taught him 2 lessons so far.  His brother and sister-in-law, Patrizia and Washington, were baptized last year, and they brought him to church last week for the first time.  We also have a few others we are teaching right now, but there isn't time right now.  We have to run to an appointment to teach Paola and Sofia.  Next week I'll have much more time, and hopefully a keyboard that doesn't stick.  I'm getting quite the workout- exercising my fingers :)
But I'm having a wonderful time here, and I hardly remember the life I used to have.  The Spirit is so strong when we're teaching lessons, and I find myself saying Italian words I don't remember learning.  I just love teaching with Sorella Noteware!  She is wonderful, and next week I'll send pictures too....if I can figure out how. 
Thank you all for your love and support always!  I wish I had the time to write each of you individually, but for now this is it.  I need to write my letter to President Wolfgramm.  He is WONDERFUL!!!  I really love him, and Sorella Wolfgramm is incredible as well!  I just know that I was sent here at exactly the right time and with exactly the right people!  What a wonderful blessing the gospel is!  I am watching peoples lives be changed as they learn the truth and begin living commandments.  Oh how I love these people!
I know that this church is true, and my testimony of the Savior continues to grow every day!  Everything just makes SO much sense, and watching people light up when they understand a principle of truth is just worth every second of walking in the cold and smelling the cigarette smoke!
I love you all!  I hope you're all healthy, happy, and saying your prayers every night! I appreciate the prayers so  much, and I pray for you too!
Keep the faith!
-Sorella Willey

--
Sorella Willey

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento