martedì 4 gennaio 2011

Flight Plans and LAST week at the MTC!!!

January 4, 2010


Dear Friends and Family,
 
I can't believe how the time has flown!  Actually, it has felt like much longer in some ways, but it has been so wonderful, and I can't believe it's almost over!  The Spirit here is so amazing, and my testimony of the Savior grows every day.  I can't believe how wonderful and powerful the Atonement truly is!  If you haven't experienced this wonderful feeling, pray tonight to understand the Atonement better, and watch as you receive an amazing answer to your prayers!  Life still throws challenges at you, but your burdens will be shared, and sometimes completely taken away!
 
So, I know, you're all excited to hear about my flight plans. Or your not, and I'm just so excited that I can't keep in in a second longer!!!!
 
Next week, Tuesday, January 11, 2011 (thats 01/11/11), at 4:00 A.M., I will get on the bus to the airport, pick up my visa, passport, and plane ticket, and fly from Salt Lake City to Atlanta to Frankfurt to MILANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   That's right, I'll be in Milano as everyone in Utah wakes up on Wednesday morning!
 
We had our final TRC yesterday, and it was amazing!  Our "investigator" was a sister who is actually from Sicily!  Her husband served in her area, and now they're expecting their first child!  It was great beacause I actually understood everything she said, and in my broken Italian (with the help of S.lla Lecates and S.lla Salyer) we taught the Plan of Salvation, shared a bunch of personal experiences, and answered one of her actual questions!  She said she felt we had taught HER and not just the lesson, and the Spirit there was so strong!  Regardless of the fact that I mostly used Progressive Past instead of Imperfect, and my Congiuntivo was pretty shaky, and I kept conjucating into VOI instead of Lei, and Noi instead of Loro, the Spirit carried the message to her heart that she needed to hear.  We all left the room feeling edified.
 
So, I realized this week, that I failed to spotlight one of the Anziani in my district!  I don't know how I left him out, but here goes Anziano Winward:
 
Anziano (Robert) Winward is from Highland, Utah, but he's been going to school in Logan so claims it as his home.  He was adopted, but he keeps in contact with his birth parents as well.  He's a poet, and he's the best example of SYL we have.  At first you could hardly understand him, but when he bears his testimony in Italian now, it's pretty amazing.  His parents are going through a pretty nasty divorce, so it's hard to watch him struggle with that.  I've watched so many people struggle with marriages, but divorce seems to be pretty rough too.  I've watched so many people have their families and hearts torn to pieces, so we're all praying for his family to be able to feel love and comfort from the Savior.  Anziano Winward always encourages us to all speak the language, and usually he's got a joke or two up his sleeve. :)
 
Wow! My time is running out quickly today!  Where did it go!?
 
No time for an Italian scripture, but next time you hear from me, I'll be IN ITALY!!!  Thank you all for your emails, letters, packages, and the love and support you have shown me!  I have learned so much her, and I've truly felt the power, comfort, and love that God sends His missionaries!   I can't wait to go and shout it from the rooftops!!!  And the Alps!!!!!
 
I love you all so much, and I know that this gospel is the true and restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  I KNOW that Joseph Smith saw the Father and the Son, and through him, the Book of Mormon was translated.  I love the Book of Mormon, and I know it's truly the word of God.
 
Keep the faith!
~Sorella Willey
--
Sorella Willey

Sister Elizabeth Denise Willey
MTC Mailbox # 194
ITA-MIL 0112
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento