mercoledì 4 maggio 2011

Modena - Transfer 3 - Week 4

May 4, 2011


Dear Friends and Family,
 
Mamma mia!!!  How time flies!  I'm realizing that next week I'll have been in Italy for 4 months!  I'm in Firenze (Florence) on scambio right now.  I scambied with Sorella Modugno from Rome, and my companion (Sorella Snodgrass) was with Sorella Williams in Modena.  S.lla Williams was in the district just above me in the MTC, so it was fun to see her again.  But Firenze was amazing!  We're catching the train in 30 minutes back to Modena, but I saw so many miracles in just one day!  It is really incredible to see all the people that the Lord can put in your way in such a short amount of time.
 
I feel like I'm at home!   Even before I decided to go on a mission, I had a feeling that one day I would be in Florence.  And when I decided to go on a mission, I hoped I could go to Rome (because Florence was in that mission).  But it was right at that time that Florence was moved to the Milano mission!  And I don't know why it was exactly, but now that I'm here, I almost don't want to go back to Modena. 
 
But my people are in Modena now.  I love them, and I don't even want to think about leaving Modena anytime soon.  Lorella needs your prayers.  We don't know what is up exactly, but if any and all of you could pray for her, that would be wonderful. 
 
Unfortunately, I don't have nearly as much time this week because of Scambi (there's always a reason... :)  But we're doing a music fireside in Modena this weekend!  It should be fun.  An Anziano from Montova is training down to play piano, we have a family, some missinaries and members singing, and I'm renting a €240 cello (for €40)... which translated into English means it's a pretty awful cello.  But it'll do.  It's been a while, but we're playing church music, so my a-little-out-of-practice-fingers will be ok.  Hopefully.  ;)
 
But, that's the latest!  Thank you all again for your love and support!  I really will (someday) get around to writing and sending mail.  I've written a few letters that got lost, so I'm pretty sad about that.  Especially because we're only able to write letters on P-day, and so sometimes I'll have letters half-finished get lost during the week.  Anyway, needless to say, I love you all, and one day I'll see you all in person again!  Thank you for your letters!  I love hearing from you, and I feel bad I can't respond to all the emails, but know that I love you!
 
Keep the faith, pray for Lorella, and remember that trials make us better people.  I read a great scripture this morning that summed it up for me. 
 
James 1:2-4
 
I don't have time to write it out now, but I'd highly recommend looking it up.  Someone told me last week that God allows us to have trials so that we can turn to Him and let Him carry them for us.
 
Keep the faith!
-Sorella Willey

--
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento