mercoledì 25 maggio 2011

Modena 2 - Transfer 4 - Week 1

May 25, 2011

Dear Family and Friends,
It's quite a different story being the 'Senior Companion.'  I thought I was busy and tired before, but now I know what it means to really have the world (or at least the southern half of Modena) on my shoulders.  But luckily, Sorella Laratro loves to laugh.  We have lots of fun biking around on our new bikes... and by new, I mean very very very very old and broken down.  I had to give up the nice bike that I put so much money into when the new sorella arrived from Utah last week.  Somehow, even though we live in the same apartment, everything is transferred over.  Even bikes and kitchen shelves.  Oh well.  Nonna or 'Grandmother' (the name of my little green and brown bike) gets around ok.  I just have to pedal 10x's as many times, and my feet hit the ground constantly, and my seat causes molto dolore e rumore (pain and squeaking).  But I think I'm getting stronger, and I've lost 2 kili already!  That's 4.4 lbs, for those of you Americans who don't know kilograms... ;)
But aside from that, I am loving my new investigators and getting to know the ward pretty well.  Charity, a 9 year old from Ghana, just set a baptismal date!  She was taught by other sisters a few months ago, but said she wanted to finish Catholic school before she decided whether or not to get baptized.  Well, she finished Catholic school, and now she's going to get baptized in June!  Her sister and uncle were baptized a couple of months ago, so they'll be able to take her to church.  She speaks better Italian than I do, but somehow the Spirit helps us understand each other. :)
We are working with lots of other people, and it is different working on the other side of the city, but my Italian is getting much better, and I think I'm even getting some of the culture down!  We have had lots of meetings with lots of missionaries lately, and for the next 3 weeks we have 'training' with the combined zones.  It's amazing to feel the Spirit so strong as we discuss 'The Doctrine of Christ' and how we can better help people come unto Christ.  I have realized that I am becoming more and more 'Sorella Willey' and less and less 'Liz' or 'Elizabeth,' and I think I'm getting to the point that I never want to go home.  Of course, one day I will be happy to be home.  Luckily I have all of you to come home to, or I would probably try to extend my whole life.  Of course, maybe I'll get really really tired and have to come home if I'm senior companion for the next 12 months or so.  Eeeek! 
Anyway, I was happy to get mail (for the 1st time in 6 weeks), and I have to thank you all for your many letters!  It'll probably take me a couple of weeks to even read all of them!  But thank you, and consider yourself hugged.
Speaking of time, I've reached the allowed amount, and I must sign off if I want to be obedient.  So, I love you all, wish you all the best, and I know that God will bless you! He always does.  (See Mosiah Chapters 2-4)
Keep the faith!
-Sorella Willey
P.S.  Photos:
1. Sorella Laratro, Sorella Willey, Sorella Bowman, e Sorella Snodgrass
2. Sorella Snodgrass and I always end up matching!  So we took a picture.  Something about Italy's Angels..... I don't know.  I didn't get it.
--
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

DSCI1509.JPG











DSCI1500.JPG

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento