venerdì 10 febbraio 2012

Cuneo - Transfer 10 - Week 2

February 8, 2012

Dear Family and Friends,

I just want to share a quick experience that happened last Sunday night.

Sorella Forbes and I knew that we needed to meet two people that day, and weren't going to go home until we found them.  As time went along, we prayed more and more fervently in every elevator that we could find them.    The biggest problem was that it was 8:55, and we were nearing the house.  It was FREEZING cold, and we couldn't feel our fingers and toes anymore.  At 8:59, we were at our apartment door, and I saw two girls standing on the corner.  They were actually prostitutes who stand there almost every night.  We went up to them, and for 2 minutes we weren't sure if we should actually talk to them.  We just stood there praying to know what we should say.  Then we talked to them, shared with them a message about the plan of salvation, told them we had a Book of Mormon for them in Romanian, and set up a follow-up appointment.  They came closer to Christ.  They said they knew that God had a plan for them, but they were very confused.  They were probably 18 and 19 years old.  We did say a prayer, and at 9:20 when we climbed the stairs into the apartment, we knew that if we had gotten in to teach a lesson during "casa," we wouldn't have talked to those two girls on the corner that night.  We knew they needed our message as much as anyone, and maybe even more that cold night.   Hopefully they won't be on the corner of the street much longer. 

I am realizing that time is running quickly.  I still have a good deal of mission left, but in real time, it's practically nothing.  We are always trying to do our best, failing at a lot of things, and being saved by miracles in many others.  I am so grateful for my family and great friends who write me, support me, and will be waiting for me when I return... But that's not for at least another year or two, right?  

Sorella Forbes is GREAT!  She could so easily train an incoming sorella next transfer.  I am learning so much from her.

Ok, here goes the scripture moment.   So, Sorella Forbes and I were going to read Alma 42 together on Monday, but then she started reading something else.  I opened up my Italian book and  started into it.  Alma 42 is great because every time you read it, you learn something you never knew you never knew before.  And until you know, you probably will think you already knew it.  And maybe you did, but you won't know until you know.... So you'd better read it to find out!

In verse two and three, I learned something really fun.  It talked about the tree of life that was guarded by the sword and cheribums.  I realized (maybe you all knew this already) that this tree of life was probably, almost definitely, the same tree of life as in Lehi's dream!  It's the same tree of life that Alma 32 talks about, and it's the tree of life that we can eat from every day as we have faith, repent, participate in saving ordinances (like baptism), live worthily of the Spirit, and endure to the end.   If Adam and Eve had subito eaten from that tree, then we wouldn't be able to have the amazing experience described in Alma 32... planting the seed of faith, nourishing it with the word, learning, growing, and becoming from experiences.  It would be like Satan's plan.  But only Adam and Eve would be 'saved' but having become nothing.  Having had no experiences, so unable to appreciate the joy and love that we all appreciate in this life!

I love the scriptures!  Sometimes I wish that studies were 5 hours instead of 3.  But then I woudn't be able to share it with hardly anyone.  I am loving this experience here, and I highly recommend it to anyone who is considering a mission.  Just turn your papers in and you'll start seeing miracles!  Guaranteed!  

Thank you all for your support!   

Keep the faith!

Love always,
-Sorella Willey

--
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento