martedì 28 dicembre 2010

Two more weeks!!!

December 28, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,
In exactly two weeks from today, I'll be on my way to Italy!!!  I get my travel plans (hopefully) on Thursday, and it's crazy how fast the time is flying!  Days used to feel like weeks, but now they feel like hours!  Weeks used to feel like days, but now they feel like minutes!  But I'm learning so much here, and Monday is still my favorite day of the week! 
It seems like every Monday is long, tiring, and almost discouraging, until I say the prayer before the TRC.  Then The Spirit just FLOODS into my heart, mind, and soul.  Yesterday (because of the holiday) we just taught our teachers.  The TRC was supposed to be closed, but all of the Italians went in and watched each others' TRC lessons.  I got to observe Anziano Ellsworth and Anziano Jeter (missionaries from the new districts).  It was like a music masterclass.  I was supposed to "evaluate them," but I also got to evaluate my own teaching while watching them.  Then I taught with the Sisters from the other district (S.lla Lecates and S.lla Salyer- both going to Rome).  It was so nice to teach with sisters again!  I mean, I really enjoyed teaching with elders, but there's an extra connection with sisters.  And we got to teach Sorella Swenson (my Italian teacher).  We had a "lesson" prepared, but we felt the Spirit guiding us to scriptures and topics that weren't necessarily in the Plan of Salvation lesson.  It was all in Italian, and all 4 of us were close to tears the entire time.  It was very special, and I am so grateful that we have these little 'tastes' of teaching here.  I know that we were teaching S.lla Swenson as well as the "Christine" that she was acting as.  Actually, I think it's her first name also, but she was pretending to be a woman who had just lost her brother, gone through a divorce, and was drinking to take away the pain.  We talked about how Moroni and Jesus Christ had been alone, and yet had faith to conquer their trials.  We shared a message about the Atonement, and we all shared our favorite scriptures as well. 
If any of you have time, read Mormon 8, Ether 12, Mosiah 7 & 24, and Doctrine and Covenants 6.  They all speak of trials and having faith to overcome.  We all came out of the "teaching" experience edified by the Spirit.  It's amazing how the Spirit is "one-size-fits-all."  When we have the Spirit with us, we will receive a message suited right to us.  This week I had an incredible experience with this.  The emotions we experience here are magnified.  On Wednesday, when Sis. Tirell and Anziano Schwing left, I had a very difficult time saying goodbye.  The longer I'm here, the more goodbyes I have to say.  I felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest, and I spent a good ammount of time on my knees praying for strength.  In class we read Mosiah 24, and I decided I would turn all the feelings I was having over to the Savior.  As I prayed that night, I felt he was kneeling right next to me with his hands outstretched to receive my "burdens" and make them light.  I even looked up once to see if I could see Him.  It was beautiful.  I know that Jesus Christ truly does live and loves all of us so much.  I truly learned about the Atonement as I prayed for my burdens to be made light, I felt them all melt away.  He truly took them, and I have had an amazing week since!  I still miss my friends, worry about my family, and have a lot to do, but the weight of it all is taken.  I know that if any of you have trials that are weighing you down, the Savior wants you to turn them over to Him!  He has already experienced all that for you! 
My scripture that I'll quote for this week is Moses (Mose') 1:39:
"Poiche ecco, questa e la mia opera e la mia gloria, fare avverare l'immortalita' e la vita eterna dall'uomo."
It is Christ's work and glory, and now I am making that my mission for the next 16 1/2 months. :)  I have felt my love and excitement for the Italian people grow so much, and I feel the Lord stretching me in so many ways to help me be prepared for them.
Thank you all for your love and support!  I hope you all had a merry Christmas and a great New Year this week!
Keep the faith!
~Sorella Willey

--
Sorella Willey

Sister Elizabeth Denise Willey
MTC Mailbox # 194
ITA-MIL 0112
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento