giovedì 7 luglio 2011

Verona 1 - Transfer 5 - Week 1

July 7, 2011

Dear Family and Friends,
WOW!!!  What a crazy crazy crazy week we've had!  I am now companions with Sorella Smith who I absolutely LOVE!  We taught a ton of people last week and earlier this week, and then yesterday we trained out to Cuneo to pick up her permesso di sogiorno.  6 hours each way!  But we got to stop by Milano last night and spend the night with those sisters there... in my old apartment.  It was SO fun to see everyone, hear about my people in Milano, and see lots of different cities!  I got to see a tiny bit of Torino from the train (I thought of you, Anthony because I know you served there for a couple of transfers).  And then we got gelato twice!!!  Yikes!  But we were SO hungry!!!  :)  I got to visit my first gelateria where I went with Sorella Noteware nearly 6 months ago!  Wow. That was crazy to see a bit of my old city.  Cuneo was beautiful too!  For the hour that we were there, we saw Sorella Langham (S.lla Smith's trainer) and Sorella Bishop, who was in the MTC with Sorella Smith.  Then in Milano we saw Sorella Mullen, Sorella Simkins, Sorella Sloan, and Sorella Walton.  It was so great to feel the love that we have for the work, for the people, and for each other.  It has really been a fun boost of energy this week.
Also, we are teaching a wonderful bunch of people here in Verona!  Some really interesting people from all parts of the world!  Ion from Romania, Luc from Cameroon, Antonella from Italy, Terry from Nigeria, Dornia and Gica from Romania, Mansor from Sudan, Mavin and Stanley from Nigeria, Loris from Nigeria, and Elisa from Italy, to name those whom I have met so far.  We are just busy busy busy all day!  We ride our bikes all around the city, and it is SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!  One of these Pdays I really want to see the city.  Today we lost time because we trained back from Milano this morning, and we really need sleep and food.  :) 
I was amazed on the train today when the train ticket-checker gentleman approached us this morning.  After he checked our tickets,  we were able to talk for nearly 30 minutes about the Savior Jesus Christ.  We talked about all the different ways that people worship, but in the end, it was beautiful to all come to the same conclusion: Jesus Christ is central to everything!  Without His sacrifice, His example, His love, and His gospel, we wouldn't be able to enjoy the most important things in the end.  We wouldn't be able to have our families for ever!  We wouldn't be able to feel cleansed from sin when we repent, and we wouldn't be able to have the hope to rise again in the resurrection. 
I love the Savior, and I know that He lives.  I am so grateful for that testimony, and I urge you all to continue to strengthen your testimonies of Him through prayer, scripture study, and church attendance.  He lives.  He loves us, and he suffered all "that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities" (Alma 7:11). 
Thank you for your letters of encouragement, love, and news!  I am praying for you always, and even if I can't respond to all of you, I think of you often and am so grateful for your friendship!  One day I'll get to writing you, hopefully, but just know that I love you!  I'm now out of time, but til next week, God be with you, keep the faith, and have a wonderful week!
Love always,
-Sorella Willey
--
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento