mercoledì 20 luglio 2011

Verona 1 -Transfer 5 - Week 3

July 20, 2011


Dear Family and Friends,
Oh my!  So much has happened this week!  We had to 'drop' a bunch of people who weren't 'making progress.'  We both cried a ton, because we love them so much!  But because they weren't ready to commit to baptism, read the Book of Mormon, or come to church, we have to stop meeting with them so we can find those who can.  That's the hardest thing about a mission.  We have to accept other people's agency, and wait until after the mission to spend time with them.  We can be their friends, but we can only meet with them if they keep commitments.  So, yeah.  It was hard.  Luckily two of them come to English class, so we can still see them, and they can still read from the Book of Mormon with us weekly in English.  :)  That's a tender mercy.
BUT THEN......
Dorina's husband, Cristian, decided to come to church!!! Sorella Smith and Sorella Ryan met with him on scambio, and he CAME!!!!  On Monday night, we had a Family Home Evening with their family, and taught him about Joseph Smith and the Restoration!  He had so many questions, and he is SO PREPARED!!!  He was so excited to get a copy of the Book of Mormon in Romanian!  He was like a kid with a bag of candy!  And then Fernando (their 5 year old son) kept asking for the game at the end of the lesson... but Cristian kept asking questions!  We left them with cookies and told them to play the game without us because we had to leave so we didn't get home TOO late!  WOWOWOW!  It was such a miracle, and I have NEVER seen Dorina so incredibly happy!  They have had so many trials!  Physically, financially, and even huge family problems have been almost unbearable. 
OK, one more story.  We got to their house before Christian and Fernando got home, and they called to say that his wallet (with ALL his documents) was lost.  We looked all over the house, and poor Dorina about lost faith.  Then we said a prayer.  We asked God to help us find it.  About 1 minute after we said 'Amen' Cristian called to say that he'd found it, sitting on a bench in the park.  MIRACLE!!!
Oh, so many, so many - SO MANY wonderful things have happened this week!  I am learning more and more about how God works in our lives and how He answer's prayers.  If we just listen!  I've started giving myself a little more time for prayers.  Even when I'm tired.  I wait between asking for blessings, pray more slowly, and meditate a little more throughout the process.  I KNOW that He is listening!  I get some of my answers EVEN DURING my prayers now!  Of course, some of the answers are, 'Be patient, my child.  You don't need to know that yet.  You are loved, but you need to work for that blessing.  Keep praying for this blessing.  You know the answer already.'  And other answers like that.  But in all of this, I KNOW that He is listening.  He loves me, and He will give me the true desires - the righteous desires - of my heart.  All of them!
I feel SOOOO tired every morning, but then I receive strength.  Going througout the day is sometimes hard, but I found this scripture in Alma 36 that describes perfectly how I've been feeling this transfer:
"But behold, my limbs did receive their strength again, and I stood upon my feet, and did manifest unto the people that I had been born of God. Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. Yea, and now behold, O my son, the Lord doth give me exceedingly great joy in the fruit of my labors; For because of the word which he has imparted unto me, behold, many have been born of God, and have tasted as I have tasted, and have seen eye to eye as I have seen; therefore they do know of these things of which I have spoken, as I do know; and the knowledge which I have is of God. And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me." 
Obviously, I haven't had a mission nearly as hard as Alma, Amulek, Ammon, or any of those prophets who were stoned, cast into prison, beaten, starved, etc. etc. etc.  But my trials are suited to me, and I have so many opportunities to grow.  I love this mission.  I love these people.  I love my companion.  I love my president and his wife.  President and Sorella Wolfgramm are SO inspired, and they are directed by God. 
Most of all, I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior, the Redeemer of the World, and the head of this great work.  I am so grateful for Him, and for the Restoration of His Gospel, His profets who guide and direct us, and the scriptures that give us answers to our prayers.
Thank you all for your support and love!  As always, I think of you and pray for you daily!  Thank you for your prayers, and remember that He loves you and I LOVE YOU TOO!!!
Tanti saluti da Verona!
Keep the faith!
-Sorella Willey 
Photos:
1. My 'Concerto Cookies' - Yeah, I'm a music nerd
2. This HUGE HUGE dog who lives accross the street.  This picture does NOT do him justice.  We call him the bear dog.
3. Me and Sorella Burgoyne after a long day of scambi - casa, baptismal invites, English class, and lots of fun stories and sharing time.  We were in the MTC together too!  Her district was just above mine.  She's wonderful!  P.S. my face is horribly red and gross, but you know how cameras go.  :)

--
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

DSCI0018.JPG












DSCI0007.JPG













DSCI1638.JPG

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento