mercoledì 14 settembre 2011

Transfer 6 - Verona 1 - Week 5

September 14, 2011

Dear All,
What a week!  Alex got baptized, and he's scarily strong!  He still wants to come to church and see us every day!  And now the Anziani are also teaching him about priesthood responsibilities, so sometimes he sees the missionaries two or three times in a day!  It's crazy!  But he's great!  During the baptismal service, he bore his testimony to his friends of Joseph Smith.  Three times during the past week, our investigator Michael has been with Alex and Charles as they've borne testimony during lessons.  Two days ago, Michael said that his uncle essentially told him to come to his church instead, and he wasn't sure exactly what to do.  We had a lesson planned around the Restoration and told him again of the Book of Mormon promise.  We read from Moroni and explained how he'd recognize his answer.  Then he said, "Actually I already know that Joseph Smith was a prophet.  I already know that the Book of Mormon is true.  But I'll pray anyway.  And I'll pray that He'll help me in deciding what to do still."  He really has gained a strong testimony, so I know he'll receive his answer.
That's one thing that is for sure.  Joseph Smith WAS a prophet.  The Book of Mormon IS truly the word of God.  I knew it before, but my testimony doesn't stop growing.  I definitely haven't 'arrived,' and probably never will.  But I do know that this work is the work of God.  I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior, and I KNOW that my life would never have been nearly as worthwhile if I hadn't had this opportunity to come here on this mission.  I had a pretty amazing life before, so many blessings, so many opportunities, and so many wonderful people who helped me become who I needed to be.  But now I only pray that I can keep remembering all of the things I have learned and am learning here.  My life will never be the same.
I pray that my people, God's people whom I've been able to meet, will continue to pray and feast upon His words to keep their souls nourished by the Spirit. 
I pray the same for all of you. Keep the faith, and remember that you are loved more than you can ever realize!
With love, prayers and thanks always,
-Sorella Willey
P.S. Pray for Modena!

--
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento