mercoledì 21 settembre 2011

Verona 1 - Transfer 6 - Week 6

September 21, 2011


Dear Family and Friends,
WOW!!!!   I get to stay in Verona ANOTHER transfer!  This will be my first third transfer in a city!  I hope that made sense.   :) 
AND I'm training!  Mamma mia!  I'm so excited to get to meet someone who's fresh from the MTC and filled with the spirit of obedience and fresh energy!  I've been loving all of my companions, and I've learned a lot of really incredible things from each one of them.  It will be a new challenge, but I bet I get more 'trained' than they do!  There is just so much to learn in this mission!   I have loved serving with Sorella Cazier, and she will do an amazing job in Reggio Emilia.  She's been so patient this transfer, and really helped me to see things from a different perspective.  I'd love to serve with a sister for longer than 1 transfer, but I am also happy to be able to get to know more people!
I think my emails get shorter and shorter.  It's not that there's less to talk about, just that Slla Cazier still needs to pack a little, and today there's less time on the internet card.  Somehow I only got 40 minutes instead of 1 hour today.  Hmm... Oh well.  :)  Hopefully we'll actually have more time next week. 
I did want to share a thing that I heard this morning.  Charles and Alex (who were very recently baptized) study the scriptures every day alone and TOGETHER!!!  It's so fun!  They both have been so strong, and come to lessons with us and the Elders almost every day!  They just bear testimony after testimony, and I am amazed by their faith!
I love this work.  It really is teaching me how to live with total peace.  There are lots of challenges and heartbreaks, but each time I go to the Book of Mormon in prayer, I feel that God really is in charge.  He is guiding this work.  He is leading me, as long as I let him do so! 
I love in Alma 32 how if we nourish our testimonies, we can enjoy the fruit.  And in 1 Nephi 8 and 11, we have to hold to the Word of God to reach that fruit.  I know that this journey is possible EVERY DAY!  Not just at the end of our lives.
I'd encourage each of you to go to the scriptures and ask what God wants you to learn today!
Love you all!
-Sorella Willey
--
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento