mercoledì 28 settembre 2011

Verona - Transfer 7 - Week 1

September 28, 2011


Dear Family and Friends,
 
It's another picture week!!!
 
1. Sorella Cazier, Baptismal model: Alex Igho, Sorella Willey
2. Sorella Wolfgramm, Sorella Hanks, President Wolfgramm
3. Sorella Willey with the jewelry store "Frey Wille."  Actually members always call me "free willey" when I'm in my first transfer in each city.  But I thought the jewelry store was even better.
 
I loved my short time with Sorella Cazier, and it was hard to see her go!  She was so patient with me, and she taught me to "bear mine afflictions" with hope and patience.  I will never forget that transfer that flew by where we got to celebrate with our African brothers who joined the fold of God!  One of them within 4 weeks of meeting the missionaries!  WOW!!!  What a rockstar!  That's Alex, and yes, he really is the perfect model of a new convert.
 
Sorella Hanks is my new companion!  She's from Boise, Idaho, and they tell me I'm supposed to be training her.  But really she's training me!  We are being as obedient as we can possibly be together, and seeing ALL kinds of miracles!  Obedience really is the best way to live.  It's so much easier to be 100% obedient than 90%.  Obedience helps us to be more obedient.  And then we see more blessings and miracles!  I know that God gives us commandments for our good and to make us happier people.   I'd like to recommend Mosiah 2 as a great chapter to read to help us be more obedient and prepare for GENERAL CONFERENCE this week!!!  Can't wait to go had listen to the words of our leaders!  In English!  YAY!!!
 
Our dear Dorina and Cristian just set a baptismal date yesterday!  Today we're teaching them again, and also our cute family: Agostino, Natalice, and Jonathan who will be getting baptized next month, and the younger kids Gabriel, Kaiki and Tais. They are SO cute!  It's been incredible to watch people use the Atonement and change their lives!  It really is all about the atonement of Jesus Christ, and if we have faith in that, we can love everyone, even when it's hard!  I read a few different things this morning, but one I loved was from Elder M. Russell Ballard.  He said that our conversion to the gospel of Christ is distinguished by the way that we feel.  If we are truly following Jesus Christ, we will have that peace in our hearts, love for one another, and excitement for life.
 
Anyway, I'm going to try and attach more photos. 
 
Thank you all for your support and prayers as always!  I am changing in so many ways out here, and I am grateful for this chance to watch miracles happen, be touched by the Spirit in modes I never imagined possible, and meet beautiful people who's testimonies have strenghthened and solidified mine so much!
Have a wonderful week, and I think I might get a couple more photos into another email before time runs out.
 
Keep the faith!
-Sorella Willey


--
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA
DSCI0439.JPG










DSCI0406.JPG









DSCI0504.JPG

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento