mercoledì 12 ottobre 2011

Verona 1 - Transfer 7 - Week 3

October 12, 2011

Dear Family and Friends,

I just got a ton of beautiful emails this week from so many of you!  Thank you for the good news, kind words, fun stories, awesome dreams, etc.!  I have been just loving reading them, and now, as usual, I probably won't be able to respond to most of them.  But I am so glad to hear of all the good things going on in your lives!  Thank you for your good examples to me!  

So, let's see.  What happened this week.
 
Sorella Hanks has been suffering from a sore knee, and she's been a real trooper.  It's been hard to plan lessons because we can't always use the bikes, but she is still going strong on passing out Books of Mormon.  Yesterday she tried to give one to a teenager who looked like she needed some direction, and was flaty refused.  She bounced right back and wasn't at all offended.  I just love how energetic she is about the work.  She is just up to doing anything!  Some of you asked where she is from, but I don't remember who asked.... She's from Boise, Idaho.  She's so great, and we just giggle.  I hope not too much, but she keeps me from getting too stressed out.  That's for sure.  Sometimes things just don't go how we planned.  But that's ok, because usually it's because the Lord needs us somewhere else.  We've been really loving working with our families and other investigators.  Yesterday we had an investigator bring 4 friends with him to the lesson.  Luckily, we had Alex there to help us teach the lesson.  It was really powerful, the SPirit, that is.  It really helped me to realize (again, and again) how very little I have to do with the work.  THe Spirit really bore witness, and I could see people making decisions right then and there whether or not to accept the Spirit.  I KNOW that Joseph Smith was a prophet.  It's hard to say just when I got from believing with all my heart to knowing with all of my being.  But there is no denying it.  When we talk about the first vision, about the BOok of Mormon, about Jesus Christ restoring His Church, I just feel the Spirit bearing witness right along with me and my companion.  

Of course it's also fun to see other people realize that for the first time.  It seems that all of our investigators (or at least most) are now at the point where they are waiting for their 'answer.'  It's been amazing to see how they understand just what they need to do, and they all talk about the great feelings they feel when they read the Book of Mormon.  

I do know that the Book of Mormon is true.  With all of my heart.  I am now reading it in 3 languages in 4 different places.  I keep learning new things every day!  Even up the 4th time I've read certain passages, I learn something brand new!  Such an inspired book.  Punto.

We actually dropped the bikes off to get them fixed today, so it'll be lots of bussing for us!  

Oh my! 5 minutes left!  Time flies!

May I take this moment to tell you all how much I love and appreciate you all!  I have had lots of crazy dreams (also my companion, sister, and various other people have been telling me about their dreams), and it is fun to see you.  Even though it's just in dreams.  Particularly those of you who write me show up in my dreams from time to time.  It's fun.  :)  One of these days.... fra a few months, we'll actually see each other, and I'll expect some grande hugs!

Have a wonderful day, and keep the faith!

Always,
-Sorella Willey


--
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento