mercoledì 5 ottobre 2011

Verona 1 - Transfer 7 - Week 2

October 5, 2011

Dear Family and Friends,

We have been so busy this week setting up appointments, going here and there, and preparing our dear investigators for baptism!  It's so amazing how the Spirit is really teaching them what they need to know.  Sometimes (like last night) we can hardly understand what they're saying, but the Spirit tells us what they meant, and somehow they understand us too.  :)  Our sweet family (Agostino, Natalice, and Jonathan) who is preparing for baptism later this month has been learning all the commandments little by little.  We had a fun experience last Friday when hopped on the wrong bus to go to an appointment with them.  I felt like I should give Slla Hanks the chance to ask the driver- even though I knew it wasn't the right bus.  She asked if he was going to Corbiolo, and he said, 'Yes,' in so many words.  But we both knew it was the wrong bus.  We also both knew that we needed to stay on the bus though.  It was weird.  As the bus went along, we got a little worried.  I asked the bus driver again, and he said, "I'll tell you when to get off."  We moved to the front of the bus, and as we were sitting there, we got talking to him.  We ended up giving him a Book of Mormon!  And he seemed to really want to read it.  Unfortunately we couldn't get his number because then we had to jump off the bus.  He said, "It's that bus right there."  We also knew that bus was wrong, but we hopped on, and asked, "Corbiolo?"  The driver (who was also on the phone) said yes.  Then he said, "Oh no!!  Corbiolo is that bus!!"  The right bus was just passing the bus stop, and he waved it down for us.  We hopped on the right bus, and made it to our appointment just in time.  We taught tithing, and they accepted!  :)  But now everyone on this bus (we take it almost every night) knows who we are, and say, "Salve Sorelle" or "Come va, Sorelle?"  It's interesting to see how people know who we are even before we talk to them. 

Our dear Dorina and Cristian keep having crazy experiences, and last week, poor Cristian got in a car accident, broke his wrist, part of his neck, and got glass in his head and nose.  He said, however, that he knew now, thanks to an experience in a dream and his time thinking in the hospital, that Jesus Christ is his Savior and that he is now completely ready to obey all of the commandments.  His experience was, for those of you who know Alma the Younger, very much like Alma 36.  We ended up reading it at their lesson on Thursday, and it was incredible.  It is amazing to see people who suffer so much have such great faith in the midst of trials.

Let's see.  Sorella Hanks is SOOO FUN!!!  We get home and just giggle.  She and I go running every morning, then we ride our bikes all around.  We get plenty of exercise, but then we eat plenty of food.  It's my job, afterall, to introduce her to Italian culture (aka gelato, pizza, kebab, pastries, ciocolato, etc. etc. etc).  But we have a pretty good time.  We have been giving away lots of Books of Mormon, and seeing lots of fun miracles with our investigators.  She's great.  All of my companions have been great, but she's pretty special.  I call her my 'firstborn in the wilderness.'

Well, I'm excited to be here.  I keep having these strange dreams that I'm already home, and I'm sure the time will keep flying by and pretty soon it will be true.  I really love it here, though.  It's plenty hard, but it's worth it all to see people changing there lives and be blessed by the Spirit as I pray, study, and participate in all of the Church and missionary meetings.  We have a great district.  6 Elders (including our zone leaders, district leaders, and two elders who are also the young men president and sunday school president in the Montova branch).  I can't believe it will be a whole year since I went to the MTC this November!  Time really flies... even though it seems like I've been here for decades.  Crazy.

I love you all, and I am so grateful for your letters and news!  I have been so lucky to have such a great family and friends like you in my life!  

Keep the faith!  

Love always,
-Sorella Willey

P.S.  Wasn't General Conference GREAT?????   I got to see the first session in Italian, and then the 2 middle sessions in English.  I sure missed my choir as they sang so beautifully!  Can't wait to get back to Temple Square!  If anyone missed any sessions, go to LDS.org and watch it!  I won't get to read the last session til we get our Liahona magazine next month.  Maybe we can get permission to watch it on a P-day, if we have time.  

P.P.S.  Pray for Luc!  :)  His family is trying to come to Italy, and all he has to find now is an apartment.  Then they can all get baptized together, and he won't have to live away from them anymore!



-- 
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento