domenica 30 ottobre 2011

Verona 1 - Transfer 7 - Week 5

October 26, 2011

Dear Family and friends,

We had some crazy experiences here!  One of our investigators had a pretty rough week.  He had the day off work, and his wife invited us over to teach a lesson, but he had wanted to spend the day in the mountains.  There ended up being some fights while we were there, and when we called the next day, he said, "I don't want to get baptized anymore, and I won't be coming to church." We told him over the phone that reading from the Book of Mormon and praying would help him to find answers, and left him with Enos.  30 minutes later, he called back and said, "I got my answer, and I want to come to church  again.  Let's keep this baptismal date."  It's beautiful how the Lord really loves His children and wants them to have every chance possible.  The Lord is really answering our prayers as we pray specifically for our investigators.  It's amazing.

Yesterday we had scambio (exchange) with Bergamo.  Sorella Pastano, one of the Italian sisters serving who is from Taranto, came to do some work here with me in Verona while Sorella Hanks went to Bergamo with Sorella Jacobsen.  It was SO fun to work with Sorella Pastano!  Before I left the MTC, I heard about Sorella Pastano from one of my teachers, and I have always wanted to serve with her.  We had a great time!  We taught at the bus stop, at the door, and found some less active members who just fell in love with her!  She's so sincere in her teaching, and she really helped me to see how missionary work really can just get better every day.  She was so good with invites.  I sometimes just get shy or in a hurry and forget to talk to everyone, but she really helped me see how everyone needs to be talked to.  We're not just here for a few people.  We're here to share the good news with everyone!

I'm feeling much better.  Thank you all for your prayers and advice.  I've exhausted the medicine cabinet, so I'd better be on the upward!  :)  My poor companion came here with tons of medicine, and I just used it right up.  Well, she still has some left, just not as much as before.

It was sad to see Dorina, Fernando and Cristian leave.  They had to move, but where they're headed in Romania, they have information for the missionaries and the Church and everything.  Hopefully we will be able to hear from them soon. 

I hope all of you are doing well!  I am still having crazy dreams every night!  Last night I had a dream that I was at the SLC Tabernacle, and there were so many of you!  There were people from my whole life with a couple of random mission friends there too.  Weird.  I miss you all, but I know that I am in the right place. 

Thank you again for your prayers.  I know that prayer is really one of the most important things we do every day.  We have seen a lot of ups and downs this week, but prayer helps us through it all.  And I know that the scriptures are often where we find our answers.  And in church, of course! :)

Have a wonderful week, and if you want to read a great chapter about the purpose of the Book of Mormon (one of the many), I'd like to recommend Mormon 7.  It's the some of the last words of Mormon that he wrote before handing the book over to his son, Moroni.  And it's only 10 verses long!  So powerful!  My favorite snippet is from verse five:
"Believe in Jesus Christ, that he is the Son of God, and that he was slain by the Jews, and by the power of the Father he hath risen again, whereby he hath gained the victory over the grave and also in him is the sting of death swallowed up."  We will all see our families and loved ones again after this life.  We will all live again!

Love you all! Thank you for everything!

Keep the faith!
-Sorella Willey



--
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento