giovedì 10 novembre 2011

Verona 1 - Transfer 8 - Week 1

November 9, 2011

Dear Family and Friends,

My poor companion is sick now!  I'm pretty much better now.  In fact we've really switched places.  Now I study all day while she sleeps.  It's great!!!  I mean, the studying, that is.  It's not great that she's not doing well.  But we started teaching a little 8-year-old this week.  Her mom is a member, but her dad isn't.  In fact, he didn't know she was a member for most of their marriage.  She's so cute!  She's already read all of 1 Nephi, and she just wants to get baptized as soon as her dad gets back from his business trip.  One of our members, the bishop's mom, actually, picks us up from the train station and drives us to all the lessons.  Her mom and aunt may actually be reactivated too...  That would be AWESOME!!!  They are from Brazil, but the dad is Italian.  He apparently is trying to find a church to go to in Ireland too.  He seems to be interested... :)  

We also met a man last week.  He has a wife and 2 daughters.  His name is Michelangelo Martini, and he really challenged our Bible knowledge with a bunch of questions, but he said that he will read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it's true.  We have the follow-up lesson tonight, and I believe that one of our awesome members is coming too!  I have been studying up on all the answers for him, but I'm going to just write them on a paper for him to look up and read after we leave.  We've told him the way to know truth is to read and pray.  And this week hopefully he'll come to church too!  

Pray for our Meneghini family!  They're so close to getting baptized, but they are having a hard time getting to church because he has to work some Sundays.  We're all praying that he won't have to work this Sunday... And they are all sick too.  It's just going around.  I'm glad I got it over with already and I'm back to normal.

Let's see, there's so much more I could say, but I'm running a little short on time again.  But I hope you all are having a good winter!  We've been getting lots of rain.  No snow yet, but I hear we'll be getting some. :)

Yesterday I did a big research on "Who is Jesus Christ?"  (one of Michelangelo's questions).  I came up with a few scriptures, and I'd like to recommend all of them...  I guess I'll just type them up, and if y'all are interested, you can go do a scripture search.  It's actually quite lovely to just read a bunch of scriptures on the same topic.  I learned a ton!!!

-Isaiah 7:14; 9:6; 25:8-9; 44:22; 50:6;  53:2-12
-Ezechiele 37:12-14
-Zaccaria 9:9; 11:13; 13:6
-Matthew 1:21
-Mark 9:12
-Luck 4:16-22
-John 18:33-37
1 Nephi 19:8-9
2 Nephi 10:3; 25:13, 19
Mosiah 13:33-35
Alma 7:10-13

Oh, and some of the references are in Italian... but I don't remember them in English right now.  And there are SO many more!   I just love reading about Jesus Christ in the scriptures, because he's on every page.  I know that the scriptures are true, and that he is our Savior.  I'm so grateful that he's directing this work, and that I have the opportunity to be here and feel of the love he has for everyone I teach.

I love you all!  Thank you for everything!

Love,
-Sorella Willey

-- 
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento