mercoledì 28 dicembre 2011

Cuneo - Transfer 9 - Week 2

December 28, 2011

Dear Family and Friends,
I was so excited to get nearly 20 emails today, and then incredibly disappointed when the computer I am using wouldn't let me read more than the 1st paragraph of each.  I've used about 90% of my time trying to figure it out, and now I just have a few minutes to write.  Thank you so much for your love and care, letters and greetings!  I hope that next week I can find a computer that will let me read them!
This week has been one of the hardest weeks in my entire mission.  Not because we aren't seeing amazing miracles or anything like that.  We just decided at the beginning of the transfer to be 100% obedient, and really giving our all.  We're both always really tired, and we just fall into bed at the end of the night.  But it has been SO amazing!  We have met people every day who want to listen to us, and we are both just eating up the Book of Mormon, studying Isaiah a little together, and really working hard on teaching simply and with the Spirit. 
This weekend we will be having our 1st baptism together, and we have a few more scheduled throughout January. I have a fear that this might be a 1 transfer city, so we're trying to make the most of it together. 
It was fun to get a package from the young women in the ward!  If you could send my thanks to them, that would be so great!  They sent me a pillowcase with colorful messages from each person.  Very thoughtful.  Thank you!
Time to write letters seems to dimish each transfer. There are so many people to call, things to fix up, apartment to clean, etc. etc. etc.  But I love all of you, and I am so grateful for you all in my life! 
I know that our Heavenly Father loves us, and that Jesus Christ is our Savior.  Very simple truths, but not known by enough people.  It's so hard to talk to people who don't even believe that.  I'm really starting to understand how Alma felt when he wished that he were an angel and could 'declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redepmtion, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.'  But I also understand that everyone needs to be able to seek for the truth and exercise faith to learn the spiritual truths.  The most beautiful thing is the Spirit which is not a voice of thunder, but a still small voice.  Usually it only gently prompts us, and we must listen to and obey in order to understand.  I am in 3 Nephi 11 right now, and I loved it how the small voice testified to all the people, but they only heard and understood when the listened the 3rd time.  I have felt that peace and begun to understand that voice.  Sometimes it's harder than others, but when I truly open my ears, I know that He is speaking to me.
I hope that you all start off the year 2012 with lots of love and peace! 
Keep the faith!
Love always,
-Sorella Willey

--
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento