mercoledì 4 gennaio 2012

Cuneo - Transfer 9 - Week 3

January 4, 2012


Dear Family and Friends,
 
Wow!  I can't believe how time is flying!  Next week I'll have been in Italy 1 year!  We have been incredibly busy this week, as usual, and of course I'm down to the wire again on time.  It was fun to finally read all the letters you all sent!  But now I don't have more than about 5 minutes to respond.  Thank you so much for your Christmas greetings!  I can't promise personal responses, but I absolutely will be writing, calling, and visiting you all in the next 6 months or so when I get home!  :) 
 
Osagie got baptized, and he bore a BEAUTIFUL testimony of the Book of Mormon and Prophet Joseph Smith.  It was incredible to see how he gained his testimony essentially from reading the Book of Mormon and praying every day.  Something simple, but something that you have to decide to do.  We met a wonderful man a couple of weeks ago.  His name is Omar.  He's from Colombia, and he's really been progressing quickly.  He felt the Spirit very strong a the baptism, and he's going to get baptized on the 28th.  I can't beleive I'm already half way through the transfer!  Crazy!
 
We have an incredible family here in Cuneo. The Cicciò family (from Argentina originally).  They have been helping us out so much, and we ended up spending Christmas and New Years Dinner at their home.  I've decided that I'm going to somehow marry into their family or at least get adopted.  They're so missionary centered in everything they do, and they're also some of the happiest people I've ever met.  They've really taught me a lot about how to be a good missionary, during and after the mission.   They always invite our investigators to lunch, dinner, and even just to hang out at their house. 
 
Well, time is up!  But I love you all, and I'm so grateful for the examples you've been to me and the kind letters you all sent me! 
 
Congrats to Jenny Ballard who is engaged and will be getting married in February!!! WOW!!!  I'm SO excited! 
 
Keep the faith and have a great 1st week of 2012!
 
Love always,
-Sorella Willey
 
P.S.  I reread Isaiah 43 this week.  There are a few references that remind me of New Years goals.  I don't remember the verses, but I'd recommend it to everyone!


--
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento