martedì 7 dicembre 2010

The Gift of Tongues

December 7, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,
What a beautiful week I've had here!  So many miracles have happened, and I hope I can include everything in this email!
Last Wednesday, Sorella Diehl and I spoke in Italian during our companion study.  It was over 30 minutes of straight Italian.  Then as a district we all shared information, pictures, and stories about our family members for another 30 minutes or so... straight Italian again. :)  Wow, the gift of tongues is real!  On Friday, we picked up a "progressive investigator," (Fratello Jarom Auna acting as a contact, Nicola, he had in Florence on his mission).  He seems so real to us, and we taught him on Friday.  An entire hour of teaching the gospel in Italian!  We both felt the Spirit guiding our 'lesson' and giving us words to say.  Afterward, F.llo Auna said he understood every word. WOW!  Yesterday we taught  again at the TRC, and again taught 100% in Italian (there were a couple of "come si dice" - english words included, but we pretty much were all in Italian.  My grammar is pretty awful still, but I'm getting there, thanks to S.lla Diehl's beautiful Italain and patience with me. :) 
I played another "special musical number" on Sunday for the entire MTC.  It was prelude to the "First Presidency Devotional," which I LOVED!!!  Elder Solesbee (an elder from California who searched me out after the last musical number) and I played O Come O Come Emanuel.  It was so fun to perform again.  We only had 2 quick rehearsals and a sound check, but it came together great, and we were blessed to have the Spirit with us as we played.  The Spirit here is so strong, and I can't believe how clear it speaks to me on a regular basis.
As for my district spotlight:
Anziano (David) Osborn is from Highland, Utah.  He's 21 years old, and is a pretty powerful personality.  He has blown us out of the water with his Italian study.  He's currently companions with Anziano Schwing, so he gets a little extra help there, but he has a beautiful accent, and works SO hard.  I wouldn't be surprised if he passed everyone up by the time we go.  He loves Italian so much, the language and the people.  He has some Italian heritage as well, and he's an inspiration to us all in his friendly spirit and incredibly hard work.  He faithfully writes his girlfriend, Leah, and it's fun to see him light up when he gets something from her. :)
Wow, the time is really flying this week!  Not just the email time, but all the time!  I can't believe it has been almost 4 weeks!  And we'll be in Italy before we know it!  Next week I'll include D&C 4 in Italian.  I memorized it yesterday, but it would take all the time I have left to type it today. 
I love you all, and I am so grateful for your friendship and support!  What a beautiful world we live in!  So many wonderful people and amazing experiences here!  I never expected a mission to be quite as amazing as this!  I've learned so much, and my testimony  is so much stronger than before!  I'll never be the same after this!  Thank you all for making it possible for me to be here!  I have learned so much from you all over the years!
So che questo Vangelo e' vero, che Gesu' Cristo e' il mio Salvatore, e che Dio ci ama! 
Keep the faith!
Always,
~Sorella Elizabeth Willey

--
Sorella Willey

Sister Elizabeth Denise Willey
MTC Mailbox # 194
ITA-MIL 0112
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento