martedì 14 dicembre 2010

Mama Mia!

December 14, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,
What a crazy week this has been!  Last P-day, right after email time, Sorella Diehl and I went to the temple.  While we were there, she felt prompted to go home and marry her boyfriend.  !!!   And for the next 6 days, I just had to sit on that and help her through her decision.  It was really hard, and she finally decided that she would in fact go. It was wonderful to see her so happy with her decision, but it was so hard to say goodbye to the person who had been by my side constantly for an entire month. Yesterday morning at 4:00AM, I became a "solo sister."  My new companion is my district of six elders.  They have been so kind to me, but it is quite lonely.  Yesterday at the TRC, I taught with Anziano Osborn.  Because Anziano Schwing has already taught all the lessons, Anziano Osborn would have been teaching with the "trio," but now we're "teaching companions."  It was really fun, but I really missed teaching with Sorella Diehl.  I hope the best for her.  She is so wonderful!
The language is coming along so much better!  Anziano Osborn is fantastic with Italian, and I feel like we're about the same level (in different areas), so when I couldn't think of a word, he filled in and vice versa.  It was a little embarrasing when the "investigators" in TRC asked if we were married.  Hahaha.  He's got a faithful girfriend waiting for him, so it was even funnier for him.
I'm learning so much about the Spirit, and I'm amazed at how my prayers have been answered!  I'm praying for you all the time!  I'm so grateful for each of my family members, and I feel blessed to have so many wonderful friends!
And for my district spotlight:
Anziano Andersen (with an e) is from Alpine, Utah. He's headed to Milan also. He's a rugby player, and has become the district "polar bear" because he's so loveable, friendly, and towers above us. He's the quietest one in the district, so if you walked into the classroom, you might not notice him much.  But when you get to know him, he's got the greatest sense of humor, he's incredibly perceptive, and he always says the right thing when he does open his mouth. :)  He always gives me reassuring looks when I'm down, and if I make a joke that nobody laughs at, he laughs.  He also knows Ben Ballard (Jenny's brother, for those of you who don't know).  It's amazing to think that half of my district lived 15 minutes away from me before the mission, and now we're all going to Milan together!
Perche' non e' molto tempo, non dico Dottrina e Alleanze quattro tutto, ma il primo parte e':
Ora ecco, un'opera meravigliosa sta potere sorgere tra i figlioli degli uomini.  Percio', o voi che vi imbarcate nel servizio di Dio, guardate di servirlo con tutto il cuore, facolta', mente e forza, per potere stare senza biasimo dinanzi a Dio all'ultimo giorno.  Percio' se avete desiderio di servire Dio, siete chiamati all'opera. . . .
Piu' venira' piu' tardi.  :)
Grazie tutti per tutte cose!   Vi volgio bene!  Tenete la fede!
Con tutto il mio cuore,
~Sorella Elizabeth Willey

--
Sorella Willey

Sister Elizabeth Denise Willey
MTC Mailbox # 194
ITA-MIL 0112
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento