giovedì 10 febbraio 2011

Milano 1 - Week 4

February 9, 2011

Dear Family and Friends,

WOW!!! What a crazy week it's been!  We are getting Geovanni and Rosa ready for their baptisms next weekend, and trying to figure out who our last 2 baptisms are for this transfer.  Our 'vision' for the transfer was 6, which is, from what I've heard, a lofty goal.  But I believe in miracles now more than ever, and I know there are two more people at least who need the blessings of baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost this transfer.  If all of you could pray for us and for our investigators, that would be wonderful!  Right now, we have Rita, Gasman, MariaElena, Cristina, and her two children who are old enough to be baptized Noemi and Dillon, and all of them could be ready if they could receive an answer.  Pray that they'll recognize the confirmation that they receive!  We just know that they could all be baptized, and we love them so much!  Some of them have really difficult situations, but with enough faith, anything is possible!

Yesterday I was REALLY sick all day, but today I woke up early and went to 'Consiglo' at the mission home with all the zone leaders.  No, I'm not a zone leader, but they sometimes invite sister coppias to go to those.  I was the 'youngest' one there, in the mission that is. In years I was probably 5th from oldest, but everyone else has been on the mission for at least 5 transfers.  I got a blessing of health from President Wolfgramm, and I feel so much better already!  I know that the priesthood really is the power of God, and I have witnessed miracles every day!  President and Sorella Wolfgramm are SO wonderful, and I know that they are people that I needed to meet, mission or no mission.  We are kindred spirits, and they have been way too good to me!  Sister Wolfgramm and I had a neat experience sharing stories this afternoon after Consiglo.  Wow, she has so much faith!

Unfortunately there isn't much time, but I think I've shared the most important things to me right now.  My investigators and new converts are everything to me right now!  I love them so much!  I didn't know I could love people so deeply that I've known for such a short time.  More than anything, I know that what I do and say has very little to do with the actual work.  The Spirit does the real teaching.  Sorella Noteware is fabulous, and I'm learning so much from her, but even with her better Italian and teaching skills, the Spirit is what converts people, and they have been prepared for years before they met either of us.  We just have to be in the right place at the right time so they can find the truth they are searching for.  The gospel is for everyone!

I know that is true.  My testimony grows every day.  Even yesterday morning, I gained a stronger testimony of the Plan of Salvation.  When I was too sick to get out of bed, I got dressed, went to the first appointment with Rosa, taught about the Plan of Salvation, and promptly lost all the energy I had.  I needed to be at that lesson, and that's all the energy I was alllowed.  Throughout the rest of the day as I tried to sleep (I had a pretty bad headache so I did a lot of tossing and turning), I thought about that appointment and what I had 'taught' in my broken Italian.  I realized again what a beautiful plan God has for us.  That one 45 minute lesson teaches us where we came from, what we are doing here, and where we are going!  All of the big questions in life!  It's so simple, but everyone wonders these things.  I started memorizing a scripture in Italian this morning:  Prendi consiglio dal Signore in tutte le tue azioni, ed egli ti dirigerà per il bene.  Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good.  It's true.  If we just do the simple things like pray each morning, read some of the words of God (counseling with the Lord) and ponder upon 'the words of life continually' each day, He WILL guide our paths for good.  (Alma 37:37)

Vi volgio bene!  I love you all!  Thank you for your support, prayers, and great friendship over the years!

Keep the faith,
-Sorella Willey

--
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento