mercoledì 23 febbraio 2011

Milano 1 - Week 6

February 23, 2011

Dear Friends and Family,

It's going to be short again this week.  Maybe some of you will like that better... ;)  

Rosa had a beautiful baptism, and she has a peace about her now that is hard to describe.  She was getting anxious before, but now she is so calm.  We taught a new member lesson to here yesterday about the temple, and she invited a friend to come too!  Geovanni ended up moving his baptismal date again.  He knows he wants to get baptized, and he knows this is the right step for him, but he said he wanted to make some more changes in his life before he got baptized.  He went to visit his son in Genova a couple of days ago, and gave him a Book of Mormon too!!!  He's really growing, and I can't believe how much he has changed!  

Last night he gave me a scarf because I usually don't remember to wear mine.  It was so cute!  We taught the plan of salvation again, and he seemed pretty excited about the Celestial Kingdom!  Then he gave us more food.  He's a pretty good cook!  I am so amazed by how good the food is everywhere here!

I'm still a little sick.  But I get plenty of rest, and I still feel fine during the lessons.  I just need to get rid of this cough.

We had a really neat lesson about the Atonement earlier this week.  We talked about five points that the Atonement of Jesus Christ covers.  I know there are so many more, but these five general points are interesting and wonderful to think about.  I wish I could give you all the scriptures that back them up, but maybe you can make it a scripture hunt if you have time.  I remember some were in Alma 42, D&C 19, Mosiah 24, Moroni 8, and 2 Nephi 9.  

1. The Atonement makes the Resurrection possible
2. The Atonement makes it possible for us to repent of our sins
3. The Atonement makes it possible for those who have never heard of Christ to only be held accountable for what they know AND to receive the missionary lessons in the next life
4. The Atonement makes it so that innocent babies who die before baptism will still be saved
5. Because Christ suffered ALL of our pains and sorrows, He can make them lighter or give us the strength to bear them. 

I know my Savior lives and did all of this and MUCH MORE for us!  What a beautiful plan we have, and what an amazing gospel!  I don't understand everything, but I do know that through Christ, everything is possible and without Him, all would be lost.  

Hope all of you are doing well!  I love you!  Thank you again and again for your love and support! 

Keep the faith!
-Sorella Willey

--
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento