mercoledì 16 febbraio 2011

Milano 1 - Week 5

February 16, 2011


Dear Family and Friends,

Another crazy week, which is usual I've decided.  But this week I came down with something ridiculous.  I have never been sick for more than a day, but I was sick ALL WEEK!!!  I still got to go to lessons most days, and during the lessons I felt excellent.  But as soon as we said the closing prayer, I would get nauseous again.  I ate next to nothing from Thursday until Monday, and then I started getting a little better, and our investigators started feeding me again.  Mamma mia, how they feed me!  Especially the families from Ecuador!  I still get pretty dizzy from time to time, but I'm getting used to it now.

On Sunday I accompanied the hymns in sacrament meeting AND gave a talk!  They told me I'd be playing the piano about 5 minutes before sacrament meeting, and I was already starting to feel nauseous, so of course I stressed myself out.  Luckily everything went OK, I think.  But who knows if my Italian was even understandable!  I was pretty dizzy, and I had to hold the podium to stay standing.  Luckily Sorella Noteware told me that I have a good poker face, so people probably didn't know that I was about to faint the whole meeting.  I've decided that after the mission I never want to get sick again.  I know that as I'm sick here, God is taking care of me, but everyone dumps medicine down my throat, and I don't know if it actually helps or not.

Rosa is all set for the baptism, and if we can find a cello, I'm going to do the musical number.  If not, we'll just sing something.  There's a member that thinks he can find one pretty easily.  Geovanni had to move his date to next week because we didn't teach all the commandments in time for his interview, but he's getting excited for his baptism!  Hopefully I don't get transfered.  I really want to be there for his baptism!  He absolutely LOVED the lesson about tithing last night!!!  He sounded more excited about paying tithing than even getting baptized!  It's amazing to see how these people have been prepared to receive the gospel.

We got 3 referrals yesterday, and a new investigator!  Her name is Elena and she's about my age.  She's from Brazil, but she's lived in Italy for about 5 years.  We are also working with MariaElena, who's husband, Alex, has been a member for most of his life.  He's been inactive, but we taught their family the Plan of Salvation, and she really seemed excited about it.  Now we just have to see if we can get her to take off work on Sunday so she can go to church.  Hmmm.....

Anyway, I'm still loving it, I'm still learning a ton, and my testimony continues to grow every day!  But I'm going to stop rambling now.  I love you all!  Hope all had a great Valentines day!  I did, during the lessons and the few minutes that I wasn't sick.  ;)

Keep the faith!

Love always,
-Sorella Willey


-- 
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento