mercoledì 15 giugno 2011

Modena 2 - Transfer 4 - Week 4

June 15, 2011

Dear Family and Friends,
What an amazing week!  I think I say that every week...
Charity got baptized, and we're so excited for her!  You should have heard her beautiful prayers!  She has learned to really speak to God instead of just reciting words that she's heard others say.  Sorella Laratro and I were brought to tears two or three times when she prayed.  Maybe I mentioned this last week, but even just in this week, she made so much progress!
We are working with a bunch of people about 30 minutes south of Modena.  Matilda, a referral from the Anziani, keeps bringing friends to lessons, who keep bringing friends, who keep bringing friends.  I think we're going to have to start a branch down in Castelnuovo, because if things keep going the way they are for another transfer, we'll have about 10 new converts who don't have a car and have to bus 30 minutes to church every Sunday.  But that's a good kind of problem to have, right?
So, you'll never guess where I am right now!  Ok, I'll tell you.  I'm in Firenze again!  (Florence).  I got to scambi (exchange) with Sorella Jacobson, who just got here from the MTC 4 weeks ago.  She speaks fluent German, and yesterday we taught a lesson in German.  I have never studied German, but I understood practically every word!  Erica also felt the Spirit, and when we bore testimony of Joseph Smith, I think the Spirit did the talking.  It was beautiful.  I keep thinking that I have a pretty strong testimony, but then I feel it grow stronger.  I know that it's true.  I know that he saw the vision.  I know that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father appeared to him, called him as a prophet, and that through him was restored the true Gospel of Jesus Christ with all the keys and authority.
Once again, I saw miracles in Firenze.  Something about this city.  I don't know.
Sorella Jacobson had a beautiful study this morning before P-day began.  We talked about the gifts of the Spirit, among other things.  May I recommend a few scriptures to read sometime today? 
Helaman 5:30, 46-47 and Doctrine and Covenants 46:28, 30 & 32
The Holy Ghost is a powerful witness of truth, and even if we have heard a zillion other people say something a gagillion times, when we hear it spoken by the Spirit, in our hearts, in that still, small voice, we can know of a SURETY!  Cultivate your ability to feel the Spirit, and you will find more peace and happiness in your life.  Remember, when we want to speak with God, we pray.  But when we want to receive answers from Him, we read the scriptures, listen to words of Church leaders, and listen to the still, small voice in our hearts. 
I know this is true, and I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have been given, thanks to God, and thanks to all of you who support me and have made it possible for me to be here now!
I love you all!
Keep the faith!
-Sorella Willey
P.S. Photos are:
1. Sorella Laratro, Fratello Bergamini, Charity Daniel, and me
2. Me with my mom's former mission companion, Sorella Bernardi
--
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

DSCI1554.JPG










DSCI1515.JPG

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento