mercoledì 8 giugno 2011

Modena 2 - Transfer 4 - Week 3

June 8, 2011

Dear Family and Friends,
Wow!  We are having some incredible miracles here in Modena!  Thank you all for your prayers and letters of encouragement and news!  It has been a fun week of getting mail, email, etc.!  I wish I could respond to you all, but time and rules will not permit.  But I thoroughly enjoyed reading ever word, and I will definitely pray for you in your schooling, for your weather, for your loved ones, and for YOU!!!  I love you all so much, and I wish I could have you all come and visit Modena! 
But since that isn't really possible, let me tell you a little about what has been going on!  We have a baptism this Saturday with Charity.  She is such a cutie!  She's 9 years old.  Her sister and uncle have been baptized, and now that she's finished catholic school, she has decided that she wants to join the church.  She has wonderful friends in both churches, and it's beautiful to see how supportive everyone is of her and her decision!  We taught her a lesson on prayer, and then she said the most beautiful prayer I've probably ever heard!  Sorella Laratro and I were in tears as she prayed that God would help her prepare to be baptized, to follow His example, and to be able to live with Him forever someday.
We are also teaching a few other people that are INCREDIBLE people!  I just can't believe how blessed I am to be here, now, with this calling.  I see the Lord's hand in the work as we try to follow the counsel of our leaders.  The most important thing that I continue to learn every day, is that I am not the teacher here.  I am here to invite others to learn from the Spirit.  Yesterday we were helping a new convert prepare to give a talk and teach a lesson this weekend.  We read this scripture with her to help her realize her role as a teacher/speaker.  Then as she was reading it, I realized that the scripture was also speaking to me. 
Doctrine and Covenants 50:17-22
Verily I say unto you, he that is ordained of me and sent forth to preach the word of truth by the Comforter, in the Spirit of truth, doth he preach it by the Spirit of truth or some other way?  And if it be by some other way it is not of God.  And again, he that receiveth the word of truth, doth he receive it by the Spirit of truth or some other way?  If it be some other way it is not of God.  Therefore, why is it that ye cannot understand and know, that he that receiveth the word by the Spirit of truth receiveth it as it is preached by the Spirit of truth?  Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoicetogether.
I am being edified by this work as the Spirit comes to testify during the lessons, encounters, etc.  We had a woman stop us on our way home the other night to ask us why we were so happy and if she could learn more about what we do.  Yesterday we taught her about Joseph Smith, the Restoration, and she is reading the Book of Mormon and coming to church this weekend!  I will never be the same.  Never.  I just pray that I can continue to keep the good habits that I am forming here in the field.  I LOVE the scriptures, and I know that my Savior lives.  He loves me, and He loves all of you!
Thank you again for all you do for me!  I pray for you always!
All my love,
-Sorella Willey





Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento