mercoledì 17 agosto 2011

Verona 1 - Transfer 6 - Week 1

August 17, 2011


Dear Family and Friends,

As always, transfer week was a little crazy!  I loved going to the station to see all of the missionaries - some going home, others transfering around.  I said goodbye to Anziano Newton (Josh Newton).  He was my first zone leader!  But I also knew him way before his mission when he was 'little Josh.'  He has been such a stalwart example in the mission, and when people talk about miracles, someone almost always says, "I was on scambio with Anziano Newton, and we had this great amazing miracle . . . I learned SO much from him!!"  It's amazing to see how everyone is growing on the mission.  I hope I am growing too!  I know my testimony is growing!  And my love for the scriptures, people, the Gospel  . . .  and, "Oooh everything!"  :)

Then it was so much fun to meet my new companion, Sorella Cazier!  She is from Orem, and already we've found some fun connections.  Her friend's mom, Rachel Gonzales works at Lakeridge, and we both have almost EXACTLY the same taste in music!  It's pretty funny.  She has all the music I wish I had, and the rest of our CDs are almost identical... Motab, classical, etc.  :)  Fun stuff.  But we are having a great week so far, and already seeing miracles!

Charles is just so great!  We started an Italian class for some of our English-speaking investigators, and Charles was the only one who came this week.  But he learned how to pray in Italian, and yesterday he brought a friend to his lesson.  He is SO excited to be interviewed by President Wolfgramm so he can be baptized, and we've taught him everything now!  It's amazing how much he just LOVES learning!  When someone gave him a cigarette to smoke last week and he started to light it, he remembered and through it away.  Then he said he prayed very hard for forgiveness.  He doesn't eat breakfast anymore because where he is staying they only serve tea.  He said, "Are there anymore commandments? Because I want to live them all!"  We met a man in a shop, named DJ, that said he knew Charles.  Then we gave him a Book of Mormon, and he said, "This is the book that I see Charles reading all the time!  Thank you so much!"  We'd met DJ before, and now he's a new investigator!  And his wife just had a baby yesterday!  WOW!

Richard is getting ready for his baptism this weekend, and he watched part of the Testaments with us yesterday.  Then he had to run to the train staion to meet a friend, but BEGGED to could come back today to watch it with us.  SOO cute!  

We got 2 elders in our ward now.  It'll be kind of strange to share Verona 1 with other missionaries, but they are great, so it can only make the work better!  I wish I could just tell you all everything that goes on!  But my hour is ticking away... I got a lot of phonecalls during today's email time today.  Oh well.  I'll be back next week!

Have a wonderful week, and keep the faith!  Thank you for your letters and emails!  I'm sorry I can't respond to any personally this week, but I'll try to do some responding next week.  Hopefully I'll have more time!

Love you all!

-Sorella Willey

P.S.  I forgot my camera completely this time.  Bummer.  next time.

-- 
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento