mercoledì 24 agosto 2011

Verona 1 - Transfer 6 - Week 2

Dear Family and Friends,

We had a fireside last Sunday where we watched the new Joseph Smith movie, and at the end, ward members started bearing testimony.  I was translating into English for Charles (who's getting baptized this week!), and he asked if I could translate for him to bear testimony.  We went up, and he said that he knew Joseph Smith was a prophet, that during the film he felt as if the prophet was speaking directly to him, and that he was so excited to be getting baptized into the true church.  Then he asked all the ward members to pray for him.  It was beautiful!  All the ward members came up to him, shook his hand, and told them they'd be praying for him.  Our ward is really stepping up to the plate now.  I think Charles and Richard are breaking some of the "traditions" that the stranieri or foreigners don't really have testimonies. Richard also bore a sweet testimony in sacrament meeting the day he was confirmed.  I know this is a miracle because it's not me and Sis. Cazier.  I mean, we have lessons with them to teach them what we know.  Sorella Cazier is fantastic and always bears beautiful testimony, but these people we have been teaching have truly been prepared beforehand and were just searching for the truth, and now they finally know where to find it!  

Yesterday morning in Italian class, we taught Charles and Alex (getting baptized next month!) how to bear testimony in Italian, and they both bore beautiful testimony at the end of the class.  It's so wonderful to see how they are being blessed by the Spirit as they read the Book of Mormon and pray every day!  I used to take the scriptures for granted sometimes.  I'd read a little here and there, some days more, other days less, but now I truly have a testimony of the power of doing these things.  Charles and Alex never miss a reading assignment, always come to church, and ALWAYS feel the Spirit during the lessons.  They always say, "I just feel so happy and peaceful during these lessons!"  Again, it's not us, it's the Spirit.  They do their part, we do our part, and then the Spirit teaches them exactly what they need to know.

We are now teaching a beautiful family.  Part Italian, part Brazilian!  They have 5 kids!  And they're so cute!  3 of them could be baptized very soon, but we're working on helping them gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon.  They say that they already know the Church is the 'most true' of all the other churches, and they want to get baptized, but we want to make sure they are reading and really have a testimony of Joseph Smith.  I know they'll get there.  They really want to know, and it's SO fun to teach a whole family!  A little stressful, I can't lie. The youngest kids, twins, are 3 years old, so they pretty much just want to run all around the whole time. :) 

Dorina and Cristian came to church again and are really searching to find out whether it is true.  Dorina already knows it's true.  Cristian is working on how to receive answers from the Spirit, and trying to adapt all the commandments.  Their little son, Eduardo, likes to pray at the beginning and end of every lesson.  They're so beautiful!  

Well, once again, time's running short.  I guess my letters are getting shorter and shorter!  But aside from all the awesome miracles that we see with our investigators, new converts, and ward members, my testimony continues to grow.  I am realizing just how powerful missionary work really is, and I can't wait to be an AMAZING member missionary when I get home!  Of course, I never want to have to go home, but when I do, at least I can put into practice what I've been learning here. And of course I'll get to see all of you again!!!  

Thank you all again for your letters, support, friendship and love.

Keep the faith!
-Sorella Willey

P.S. Photos:
1. S.lla Willey, Richard Okeoma and S.lla Cazier
2. Charles Ehigiamosoe, Richard, and Alex Igho
3. S.lla Willey and S.lla Smith on our last P-day together at the Verona chapel.

-- 
Sorella Willey

Sorella Elizabeth Willey
Missione Italiana di Milano
Via Gramsci, 13/4
20090 Opera MI
ITALIA

DSCI0352.JPGDSCI0364.JPG
DSCI0330.JPG
















Nessun commento:

Posta un commento